GK Quiz on India covers General Knowledge Topics such as Indian History, Indian Geography, Award Winners from India and many more. The GK Quiz Questions given below will be helpful for Competitive Examinations as well as Job Interviews.
Why GK Quiz on India is important to know?
In General, all the competitive exams focus more on General Awareness. So mastering in General Knowledge always gives you an added advantage when compared to others.
Take this amazing GK Quiz on India
1. Which is the first Indian Language to attain Classical Language Status?
2. The World famous Khonghampat Orchidarium is in which of the following Indian States?
d) Madhya Pradesh
3. Which of the following is the World’s First Granite Temple?
a) Puri Jagannath temple
b) Govindajee Temple
c) Brihadeswara temple
d) Meenakshi Amman Temple
4. Debrigarh Wildlife Sanctuary is in which of the following Indian State?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
5. How many religions in India that have been awarded “National Minority” status?
6. As per Census 2011, which Indian state has the lowest literacy rate?
b) Uttar Pradesh
7. How many types of Prerogative writs are there in the Indian Constitution?
8. Who is regarded as the chief architect of the Constitution of India?
a) KL Krishna Kumar
b) BR Ambedkar
c) Dev Shiv Ram
d) Murali Pakshirajan
9. Neelam Sanjiva Reddy was the _______ President of India?
10. Who launched the first indigenous Indian shipping service between Tuticorin and Colombo?
a) VO Chidambaranar
b) Naveen Krishna Reddy
c) Prakash Jai Kumar
d) Salim Malik
11. Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka, one of the Cultural Heritage Sites in India, is situated in which Indian State?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Arunachal Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
12. Largest Brackish Water Lagoon – Chilka lake, is in which Indian State?
a) West Bengal
13. The Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award of the Republic of India. Who among the following is not the first recipients of the Bharat Ratna?
a) C. Rajagopalachari
b) Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
c) Jawaharlal Nehru
d) C. V. Raman
14. Railways were first introduced to India in the year _______ from Bombay to Thane.
15. Who was the first parliamentarian to give a speech in Hindi to the United Nations General Assembly?
a) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
b) Narendra Modi
c) Indira Gandhi
d) Jawaharlal Nehru
16. The first Indian to win Ramon Magsaysay Award was
a) Dr Zakir Hussain
b) Acharya Vinoba Bhave
c) Santosh George
d) GV Mavlankar
17. The longest river of south India is
18. First Indian Woman Ambassador at United Nations was
a) Arati Saha
b) Vijayalakshmi Pandit
c) Pavithra Ramanarayanan
d) Amrutha Krishnan
19. Khari Baoli, the Asia’s largest wholesale spice market, is in _________.
20. Who was the first Deputy Prime Minister of India?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru
b) Sardar Vallabhai Patel
c) BR Ambedkar
d) Raja Ram Mohan Roy