North American Countries Capitals Currencies – North America is the World’s third-largest continent – 24,474,000 km² covering approximately 16.5% of the Earth’s land and 5% of the Earth’s surface. The eastern side of the continent is generally lower than the west which contains the Rocky mountains. The five Great Lakes lie on the United States Canadian border.
North American Countries Capitals Currencies
|Anguilla||The Valley||East Caribbean Dollar|
|Antigua and Barbuda||St. John’s||East Caribbean Dollar|
|Bonaire||Kralendijk||United States Dollar|
|British Virgin Islands||Road Town||United States Dollar|
|Cayman Islands||George Town||Cayman Islands Dollar|
|Costa Rica||San José||Costa Rican colon|
|Curaçao||Willemstad||Netherlands Antillean guilder|
|Dominica||Roseau||East Caribbean Dollar|
|Dominican Republic||Santo Domingo||Dominican peso|
|El Salvador||San Salvador||United States Dollar|
|Grenada||St. George’s||East Caribbean Dollar|
|Guatemala||Guatemala City||Guatemalan quetzal|
|Mexico||Mexico City||Mexican peso|
|Montserrat||Plymouth||East Caribbean Dollar|
|Panama||Panama City||United States Dollar, Panamanian balboa|
|Puerto Rico||San Juan||United States Dollar|
|Saba||The Bottom||United States Dollar|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||Basseterre||East Caribbean Dollar|
|Saint Lucia||Castries||East Caribbean Dollar|
|Saint Pierre and Miquelon||Saint-Pierre||Euro|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Kingstown||East Caribbean Dollar|
|Sint Eustatius||Oranjestad||United States Dollar|
|Sint Maarten||Philipsburg||Netherlands Antillean guilder|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Port of Spain||Trinidad and Tobago Dollar|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||Cockburn Town||United States Dollar|
|United States||Washington, D.C.||United States Dollar|
|United States Virgin Islands||Charlotte Amalie||United States Dollar|
Facts About North America:
- North America has the largest number of people who speak English either as their first language (231 million people) or speak English as their second language and who describe themselves as speaking English ‘very well’ or fluently.
- Italian explorer Christopher Columbus was the first European to navigate to North America in 1492.
- North America is the continent which is home to the largest Christian population in the world. Almost 80% of the people in Canada, the USA and Mexico consider themselves as Christians.
- North America was named after the explorer Americo Vespucci.
- North America is the only continent that has every kind of climate – Tropical, Dry, Continental, Moderate, and Polar.
- Lake Superior, one of the Great Lakes, is the largest fresh water lake in the world. It is located on the border between the United States and Canada.
- North America has the highest average income per person as compared to any other continent and average food intake per person is also greater than that of any other continents.
- North America is the third-largest continent in area (9.54 million square miles), following Asia and Africa, and the fourth in population after Asia, Africa, and Europe.
- The first written constitution of the world is that of U.S.
- The second largest producer of natural gas is United States. Russia is the largest Producer of Natural Gas.
- The first inhabitants of North America are believed to be of Asian origin.
- Glidden Sholes invented typewriter in North America.
- North America is home to the longest highway in the world.
- Niagara Falls of North America is one of the most popular waterfalls in the world.
– North American Countries Capitals Currencies