African Countries Capitals Currencies – Africa is the World’s second-largest continent – 30,065,000 km² covering approximately 20% of the Earth’s land and 6% of the Earth’s surface .
- It is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east, the Indian Ocean to the west and the Mediterranean Sea to the north. The Red Sea and Suez Canal lie to the north-east and separate Africa from Asia.
- The longest river in the World, The Nile, measuring 6,695 km – flows north ending in a delta that empties into the Mediterranean Sea.
- The World’s largest desert, The Sahara, measuring 9,000,000 km², covers much of north Africa. The Kalahari desert in south-west Africa measures 259,000 km².
- The Atlas mountain range lies in the north-west of Africa and the highest mountain, Kilimanjaro, 5895 m, is in Tanzania.
African Countries Capitals Currencies
|Burkina Faso Franc
|Central African Republic
|Abidjan and Yamoussoukro
|Dzaoudzi and Mamoudzou
|Namibian Dollar and Rand
|West African Franc
|Sao Tome and Principe
|West African Franc
|St. Helena Pound
|Mbabane and Lobamba
|Dar es Salaam
Facts About Africa
- Africa is the second largest continent.
- Africa is the continent that has the most countries. Currently there are 54 countries in Africa.
- It is the home of the Nile ,the longest river in the world.
- The largest desert in the world is also in Africa, the Sahara.
- The equator passes through the middle of Africa so it receives direct sunlight throughout the year. The World’s hottest place, Ethiopia, is a country in Africa.
- Ninety-five percent of the worlds’ diamonds and more than 50% of the world’s gold comes from Africa.
- Scientist believes Africa to be the place where the 1st humans lived.
- Highest Peak: Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania rises to 5,895 meters (19,341 feet) above sea level.
- Largest Lake: Lake Victoria is 68,800 square kilometers (26,564 square miles) in the area and is divided between three countries, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Longest River: The River Nile is 6,695 kilometers (4,160 miles). The longest river in the world!
- Smallest Country (by land area): Seychelles, a group of 115 islands located north east of Madagascar.
- Biggest Country: Algeria, the tenth biggest country in the world.
- Smallest Nation (of people): Gambia.
– African Countries Capitals Currencies