Australian Countries Capitals Currencies – Complete list of all countries of Australia. Also read some interesting facts about Australia.
Australasia, also called Oceania is the World’s smallest continent – 8,112,000 km² covering approximately 5.3% of the Earth’s land and 1.5% of the Earth’s surface.
- It is situated partly in the Pacific Ocean, bordered by the Indian Ocean to the west and the Southern Ocean to the south.
- The highest point is Mount Wilhelm (4509 m) in Papua New Guinea.
- The longest river is the Darling river (2,739 km) which is a tributary of the Murray River in Australia.
- Australasia is the flattest continent with much of Australia being desert.
Australian Countries Capitals Currencies
|Kiribati||South Tarawa||US Dollar|
|Marshall Islands||Majuro||US Dollar|
|New Zealand||Wellington||New Zealand Dollar|
|Papua New Guinea||Port Moresby||Papua New Guinean Kina|
|Solomon Islands||Honiara||Solomon Islands dollar|
|Tokelau||Nukunonu||New Zealand dollar|
|Vanuatu||Port Vila||Vanuatu Vatu|
Facts About Australia or Oceania:
- Australia is the largest island (an island is a land mass that is surrounded by water on all sides). It is known as “Island Continent”.
- Australia, sometimes known in technical contexts by the names Sahul, Australinea or Meganesia, to distinguish it from the Australian mainland, is a continent comprising mainland Australia, Tasmania, New Guinea, Seram, possibly Timor, and neighbouring islands.
- The lands were joined with Antarctica as part of the southern supercontinent Gondwana until the plate began to drift north about 96 million years ago.
– Australian Countries Capitals Currencies