Indian Shuttler Lakshya Sen clinches Belgian International badminton title by defeating Denmark’s Victor Svendsen. Lakshya notched up a comfortable 21-14 21-15 win over Svendsen in the title clash that lasted for 34 minutes. In semifinal match he defeated Denmark’s Kim Bruun 21-18 21-11 in a 48-minute clash.
- Sen, born in Almora, belongs to a badminton family. His father, D. K. Sen, is a coach in India and his brother, Chirag Sen, is also an international badminton player.
- He became the number one junior singles player in BWF World Junior ranking in February, 2017.
- He emerged as the champion at the 2018 Asian Junior Championships defeating the top seeded World No. 1 Kunlavut Vitidsarn in the final.
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF) is the international governing body for the sport of badminton recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- BWF was founded in 1934 as International Badminton Federation (IBF).
- Its head office was located in Cheltenham, UK since its founding, but on 1st October 2005, was relocated to Kuala Lumpur.
- Capital: Brussels
- Currency: Euro
- Official languages: French, Dutch, German
- Belgium is the ninth-most-populous European Union member state