Current Affairs – January 18 2023
Current Affairs – January 18 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – January 18 2023
1. Pankaj Kumar Singh, to be appointed as deputy NSA of India
- Pankaj Kumar Singh, a retired director general of the Border Security Force (BSF), was named deputy national security adviser on January 16, 2023.
Singh, a 1988-batch IPS officer from the Rajasthan cadre, has been given a two-year re-employment contract.
- Singh stepped down as BSF chief on December 31, 2022. When Singh took command of the BSF on August 31, 2021, he made history as the first son and father to hold the top post in a paramilitary force during their careers.
2. Sibi George has been concurrently accredited as next ambassador to Marshall Island
- Sibi George (IFS: 1993), the current Indian Ambassador to Japan, has been concurrently accredited as the next Indian Ambassador to the Republic of the Marshall Islands, with residence in Tokyo.
- He is expected to begin the assignment soon.
3. ‘Naanera’ bagged ‘Golden Kailasha’ Award in Ajanta-Ellora Film Festival
Rajasthani film, Naanera, directed by Deepankar Prakash bagged the ‘Golden Kailasha’ award for the best movie at the Ajanta-Ellora Film Festival. Naanera (Grandfather’s House) revolves around Manish (Main Character). After the death of his father, Manish’s uncle starts taking his life’s decisions.
- The character’s journey leads him to a questionable point when he begins a secret love affair with a cousin and the family finds itself in the middle of another death. Naanera has also bagged awards for best director, best screenplay, and best editor.
4. Writer K Venu received Federal Bank Literary Award 2023
Noted writer K Venu was conferred with Federal Bank Literary Award 2022 for his autobiography ‘Oranweshananthinte Katha.’
- Venu received the award from Balagopal Chandrasekhar, Chairman and Independent Director of Federal Bank, at a special event held as part of the Kerala Literature Festival.
- ‘Oranweshananthinte Katha’ was chosen by the judging panel comprising writer and literary critic KC Narayanan, Sunil P Ilayidom and PK Rajashekharan.
5. SBI PO Prelims 2022 Result Out, SBI PO Result Direct Link And Cut Off Marks
The SBI PO 2022 preliminary examination was successfully administered by State Bank of India on December 17, 18, 19, and 20 across the nation in multiple shifts. All applicants who took the SBI PO Prelims examination can now view their SBI PO result 2022, which was made public on January 17, 2023.
- The direct link to the SBI PO Prelims Result, the SBI PO result release date, and instructions on how to check the SBI PO Result 2022 are all provided here.
6. Leading Scientist A.D. Damodaran passes away
AD Damodaran, leading scientist and former director of the CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), passed away in Thiruvananthapuram at the age of 87. He also served as the Chairman of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment.
7. Uttar Pradesh tops charts for mobile gaming destination in India
Uttar Pradesh (UP) has emerged as the top location for mobile gamers, followed by Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Bihar, and West Bengal, according to the India Mobile Gaming Report 2022 issued by the gaming platform Mobile Premier League (MPL).
- According to the research, 36% of all games in the state were played in Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Ghaziabad, and Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh. The second year, 2022, saw Lucknow rank among the top cities and outperform all major cities.
8. Laxman Rawat Clinches NSCI Snooker Open Crown
Laxman Rawat of PSPB emerged victorious in the ‘Baulkline’ NSCI All India Snooker Open, beating fellow PSPB challenger Aditya Mehta 9-6 in a best-of-17-frame final. This was a sweet victory for Rawat, who had finished as the runner-up in the previous edition of the tournament, losing to Sourav Kothari in the final.
9. India and Russia Joint Venture starts production of Kalashnikov AK-203
The Indo-Russian joint venture for the manufacturing of Kalashnikov AK-203 assault rifles is a testament to the strong partnership relations between the two countries.
The move to manufacture these rifles in India through a joint venture not only lends greater firepower to the Indian armed forces but also serves as a significant step in strengthening military-technical cooperation between the two nations.