What is World Hindi and when is it celebrated?
World Hindi Day is celebrated on 10th of January. This day was initiated to promote the greatness of Hindi, a language spoken by more than 250 million people in the World.
What is the History of World Hindi Day?
The first World Hindi Conference was held on January 10, 1975. In order to commemorate this special day, World Hindi Day has been celebrated every year on January 10. The first World Hindi Conference was inaugurated by then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
Since 1975, World Hindi Conference has been organised in different countries like India, Mauritius, United Kingdom, Trinidad and Tobago, United States etc.
Host Cities of World Hindi Conference
|S No||YEAR||HOST CITY||COUNTRY|
|5||1996||Port of Spain||Trinidad and Tobago|
|8||2007||New York City||United States|
The 11th World Hindi Conference will be hosted by Mauritius.
How we celebrate World Hindi Day?
The day is celebrated by organizing events by non-residential Indians and Persons of Indian Origin. The ultimate aim of celebration is to spread the greatness of Hindi language.
Are World Hindi day and National Hindi Divas the same?
- World Hindi day and National Hindi Divas are different. National Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 14th September 1949 when constitution of India declared Hindi written in Devanagari Script as official language.
- World Hindi Day is promoting Hindi language in global level while National Hindi Divas is observed within the country.
Interesting Facts about Hindi:
- Hindi is the official Language of India.
- Fourth most spoken language in the world is Hindi.
- Hindi is adapted as a official language of Pacific Island country Fiji.
- Nouns and Adjectives in Hindi grammar change according to gender.
- Hindi is a descendant of Sanskrit.
- The first book believed to be published in Hindi was Prem Sagar. The book was published by Lalloo Lal and depicted tales of Krishna
Did You Know?
Hindi is not our National Language. In the constitution, Hindi was declared as an official language and not a national language. Under Article 343, official language of the Union has been prescribed, which includes Hindi in Devanagari script and English.
Main Article : Complete List of National and International Days