Rahi Sarnobat added the third gold in India’s medals tally at the ISSF World Cup 2019 in Munich as she bagged the top podium spot in the 25 metre pistol event. By the virtue of the victory, Rahi Sarnobat has booked herself a quota in the Tokyo Olympics.
In the day earlier, Saurabh Chaudhary, the 17-year-old sensation, made the country proud once again as he bagged a gold in the 10 metre Air Pistol category. The teenage broke his own world record of 245 by shooting 246.3 points in the final to take the summit standings. It was the second gold medal at the ISSF World Cup 2019 for India after Apurvi Chandela clinched it.
- Munich is the capital and most populous city of Bavaria, the second most populous German federal state. With a population of around 1.5 million, it is the third-largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hamburg, as well as the 12th-largest city in the European Union.
- Munich is the second-largest city in the Bavarian dialect area, after the Austrian capital of Vienna.
- The city is home to major corporations like BMW, Siemens, MAN, Linde, Allianz and MunichRE.
- Unlike many other German cities which were heavily bombed, Munich restored most of its traditional cityscape and hosted the 1972 Summer Olympics. The 1980s brought strong economic growth, high-tech industries and scientific institutions, and population growth.
- Munich is one of the most prosperous and fastest growing cities in Germany. It is a top-ranked destination for migration and expatriate location.