Indian golfer S. S. P. Chawrasia lifted his second Asian Tour title of the season, clinching the Resorts World Manila Masters 2016 by winning a three-way playoff on the final day. The 38-year-old, who won the Hero Indian Open in March, carded a final round of six-under 66 to accumulate a four-day total of 19-under 269.
- Jointly in lead with him were Malaysian Nicolas Fung (63) and American Sam Chen (65).
- The trio then fought it out in a playoff where Fung was the first to be eliminated after missing a birdie. Chawrasia held his nerves in the showdown with Chen to win the USD 1,000,000 tournament.
- This is Chawrasia’s fourth Asian Tour triumph besides three wins on the European Tour.
Resorts World Manila Masters
- The Resorts World Manila Masters is a golf tournament on the Asian Tour. It was played for the first time in November 2013 at the Manila Southwoods Golf and Country Club in Manila, Philippines.
Shiv Shankar Prasad Chawrasia
- Shiv Shankar Prasad Chawrasia born on 15th May 1978, also known as “Chipputtsia”, and “Chow” is an Indian professional golfer.
- After he turned professional in 1997, he went on to win eight titles on the Indian Tour and finished second twice in the Indian Open.
- Chawrasia claimed a spot in the 2016 Summer Olympics, representing India along with fellow Indian Anirban Lahiri.