Rear Admiral SV Bhokare has took over as Eastern Fleet Commander. Bhokare was handed over the command by Rear Admiral A B Singh, Flag Officer Commanding, Eastern Fleet. A B Singh will now move to Delhi to assume duties at HQ Strategic Forces Command.
About SV Bhokare
- Bhokare is a specialist in Navigation and Aircraft Direction and a graduate of National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla and Defence Services Staff College, Wellington.
- The Admiral has been awarded the Yudh Seva Medal and the Nao Sena Medal.
- A submariner, Bhokare has commanded submarines Sindhughosh, Sindhudhwaj, Sindhushastra, Indian Naval Ship Beas and INS Vajrabahu.
- He has also held various staff and operational appointments, including Command of Submarine Squadron as Commodore Commanding Submarines (West) and Chief Staff Officer (Operations) at Eastern Naval Command.
- Prior taking over the Command of Eastern Fleet, he was serving as Flag Officer Submarines.
The Eastern Fleet today comprises 30 warships, which include destroyers, stealth frigates, amphibious ships, anti- submarine warfare corvette, missile corvettes, offshore patrol vessels, missile boats and tankers.
Test Your GK
In India, Navy Day is Observed on