Rasna chairman Piruz Khambatta has been named ambassador of the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative by the Government of India. Rasna said it will support entrepreneurs who wish to come up with the turnkey plant to manufacture food products which it would market under its own brand on a contract manufacturing basis, in addition to fostering and mentoring startups as part of the Make in India initiatives.
Did You Know???
- Rasna is a soft drink concentrate brand owned by Pioma Industries which is based in Ahmedabad, India
- It was launched in mid-seventies but started gaining popularity in the eighties when the market was dominated by carbonated soft drinks like Thums up, Gold Spot and Limca.
- Though the company does most of its business in India where it has 5 manufacturing facilities in Gujarat and 1 in Himachal Pradesh, it has manufacturing facilities outside India in Bangladesh, Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Egypt as well.
- Currently, Rasna’s brand ambassador is Actor Akshay Kumar.
- In India, Rasna earns most of its profits from the soft drink concentrate market though it makes fruit jams, fruit cordials, teas, pickles, chutneys, ready-to-eat curries and snacks, the majority of which are exported.
- The company manufactures soft drink concentrate in 11 different flavours.