The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced MoneyGram International, a leading global provider of money transfer services, as their event partner in an eight-year deal from 2016-2023. The ICC and MoneyGram recently completed a successful five-year partnership, which began with the ICC World Twenty20 West Indies 2010, concluding with the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015. In the current eight-year cycle, the alliance promises to reach greater heights, as the ICC will stage an impressive 17 tournaments, including six majors – two ICC World Twenty20 tournaments, two editions of the ICC Champions Trophy and two ICC Cricket World Cups.
Did You Know???
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the international governing body of cricket.
- It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from England, Australia and South Africa, renamed the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- The ICC has 106 members: 10 Full Members that play Test matches, 38 Associate Members, and 57 Affiliate Members.
- The current ICC president is Zaheer Abbas, who was appointed in June 2015 following the resignation of Mustafa Kamal in April 2015.
- The current CEO is David Richardson, who succeeded Haroon Lorgat.
- The ICC operates 3 panels of umpires: namely the Elite Panel, the International Panel, and the Associates and Affiliates Panel.