1. While transmitting odd-parity coded symbols, the number of zeros in each symbol is?
c) a and b both
2. An example of an analog communication method is?
a) laser beam
c) voice grade telephone line
d) all of the above
3. Most data communications involving telegraph lines use?
a) Simplex lines
b) Wideband channel
c) Narrowband channel
d) Dialed service
4. What is the number of separate protocol layers at the serial interface gateway specified by the X.25 standard?
5. Number of bits per symbol used in Baudot code is?
6. A protocol is a set of rules governing a time sequence of events that must take place?
a) between peers
b) between an interface
c) between modems
d) across an interface
7. Communication circuits that transmit data in both directions but not at the same time are operating in?
a) Simplex mode
b) Half duplex mode
c) Full duplex mode
d) Asynchronous mode
8. The synchronous modems are more costly than the asynchronous modems because?
a) They produce large volume of data
b) They contain clock recovery circuits
c) They transmit the data with stop and start bits
d) They operate with a larger bandwidth
9. Which of hte following is considered a broad band communication channel?
a) Coaxial cable
b) Fiber optics cable
c) Microwave circuits
d) All of above
10. The process of converting analog signals into digital signals so they can be processed by a receiving computer is referred to as?