Joseph Antic, a silver medallist in men’s hockey for India at the Rome Olympics, passed away quietly into history , hours after the Rio Olympics national men’s and women’s hockey squads were unveiled in New Delhi.
Antic played in the centre-half position at the 1960 Olympic Games and received the Silver medal at the Olympic Velodrome. is survived by son William and daughter Rita.He had lost his wife in 2011.
- Joseph Anthony Antic was born on 13 March 1931 , was an Indian field hockey He was born in Andhra Pradesh.
- The centre half of the then Indian hockey team played a key role in the winning of silver in the 1960 Games. He was also in the team played in Asian Games in 1962.
- After resigning from hockey team Joe started his carrier as a coach. He was among the coaches of Indian team that won the world cup in 1973. After that he became the assistant coach of Oman. Oman played the 1982 Asian Games under his coaching.
- According to his son William, the former international player, who toured East Africa and Europe with the senior team in the late 1950s, had retired from Western Railway in the mid-1980s
Chief minister : N. chandrababu naidu
governor : E.s.L. Narasimhan
Famous national park and wilf life sanctuary
- Sri venkateswara park .
- Mrugavani national park .
- Rajiv Gandhi park .
- Coringa wild life sanctuary .
- Kawal wild life sanctuary .
- kolleru wild life sanctuary .
- Nellapattu wild life sanctuary .