World famous magician Paul Daniels has passed away at the age of 77 due to brain tumour.
- Britain’s most famous magician, Daniels rose to international fame through his long-running BBC programme The Paul Daniels Magic Show, which ran from 1979 to 1994.
- He famously married his long-time assistant, Debbie McGee, in 1988.
- Born Newton Edwards Daniels in Middlesbrough in 1938, Daniels later said he became interested in magic as a young child – but only turned professional in 1969 with a summer season in Newquay.
- In his later years, Daniels and his wife toured the country with magic and comedy shows, entertaining old fans and new generations alike with his skills.
One of the most popular magicians of the 20th century, with success that was unrivalled in the magic and entertainment worlds, he spent his final days at home with his family. Ms McGee, who married Daniels in 1988, said the main qualities which attracted her to her husband were his humour and his ‘unselfish’ way of celebrating other talent.
This is Awesome!!!
Did You Know?
- The earliest magicians were considered sorcerers, and they were believed to have supernatural powers.
- The largest magic club in the world (International Brotherhood of Magicians) has close to 25,000 members.
- The only magicians to have stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame are Harry Houdini and David Copperfield.
- The worlds fastest magician is Eldon D. Wigton (Dr. Eldoonie). He performed 255 tricks in 2 minutes on April, 21 1991.