In all competitive exams, under English, there will be 4 to 6 questions from Antonyms and Synonyms. One cannot simply master in this area over night or over a week. One should learn a minimum of 5 new words everyday and should use them (while chatting or talking over phone) whenever they get a chance. Then only it is possible to score good marks in this area.
English quiz: For each of the following questions, select the option which is CLOSEST in meaning to the capitalized word
1.What is the synonym for BUNCOMBE?
a) Showy talks
b) Extremely lively
2.What is the synonym for SERENDIPITY?
3.What is the synonym for SAGACITY?
4. What is the synonym for OSTENTATIOUS?
a) Pretentious or showy display
5. What is the synonym for PANACHE?
6. What is the synonym for ENERVATE?
7. What is the synonym for LOQUACIOUS
8.What is the synonym for TORPOR?
9. What is the synonym for ANTIPATHY?
10.What is the synonym for BOISTEROUS?