Current Affairs Quiz
1. The magnificent __________________ could finally get some protection with IUCN all set to declare it a critically endangered species.
a) Western roe deer
b) Kashmiri Red Stag
d) Eurasian elk
2. The 43rd India International Knit Fair is scheduled between October 19 and 21 at India Knit Fair Complex in ________________
a) Andra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
3. The United Nations’ (UN) International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on ______________
a) October 14
b) October 15
c) October 16
d) October 17
4. Who has been selected for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award in recognition of his contribution to the field of literature?
a) Thoppil Bhasi
b) C Radhakrishnan
d) PG Viswambaran
5. A unique walking rally with an aim to spread the message of ‘Unity in Diversity’ was held in __________
6. The US Navy has commissioned its largest, most expensive and technologically advanced destroyer, which named as _____________
a) ADMIRAL GORSHKOV CLASS
b) SACHSEN CLASS
c) SHIVALIK CLASS
d) USS Zumwalt
7. The Warley Museum, considered being the world’s smallest museum, recently opened in ____________
8. Which company launched ‘Circuit’, the first zero-emission electric bus made entirely in India?
b) Tata Motors
c) Ashok Leyland
d) Mahindra and Mahindra
9. Typhoon __________ smashed into the main Philippine island of Luzon
10. Which country launched its longest manned space mission?
b) North Korea
11. Which country has been declared the safest country in the world according to the ‘Global Travel and Terrorism Report’ by the World Economic Forum?
12. Which airport has been declared as the best airport among the 54 airports in the country rated by the Airports Authority of India (AAI)?
a) Trivandrum International Airport
b) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
c) Chandigarh International airport
d) Indira Gandhi International Airport
13. The World Food Day is observed on?
a) October 16
b) October 17
c) October 18
d) October 19
14. Indian shuttler ______________ won the Chinese Taipei Masters Grand Prix title 2016
a) Aditya Joshi
b) Chetan Anand
c) Sourabh Varma
d) Sanave Thomas
15. Who became second most successful ODI captain in cricket?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Steven Smith
c) Ricky Ponting
d) MS Dhoni
16. Who won the Shanghai Masters title 2016 in men’s single category?
a) Roger Federrer
b) Andy Murray
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Novak Djokovic
17. Which team became the first team to play 900 ODI matches in cricket?
c) New Zealand
18. Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal received an honorary doctorate in literature from _______________
a) Anna University
b) SRM University
c) Bharat University
d) Sathyabama University
19. _____________has lifted the 1st BRICS U-17 Football Tournament 2016 held at Goa