Current Affairs Quiz – May 10 2019
1._________________’s Qantas Airlines launched the world’s first-ever “zero-waste” flight .
2. Amul has been announced as the principal sponsor of the _________________ cricket team for the upcoming World Cup.
3. Former Supreme Court judge, Justice (Retired) ________________________ has been appointed a member of the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal, London.
a)T. S. Thakur
c)Bhuvaneshwar Prasad Sinha
4. The Indian Army is commemorating this year as the ‘_____________’.
a)Year of Next of Kin order
b)Year of Army Man
c)Year of New generation
d)Year of next of kin
5. ______________’s parliament passed laws to combat “fake news.
6. The World Trade Organisation, WTO, ministerial meeting of developing countries will take place on 13-14 of this month in ___________.
7._____________has declared climate emergency in their country, to be the second country after Britain to do so.
8. ______________is the 131st birth anniversary of leading English haematologist, Lucy Wills who was the pioneer in tackling prenatal anaemia during pregnancy.
9. India and ________________ signed a protocol for export of Indian chilli meal to the neighbouring country.
10. Bank credit grew by ___________in financial year 2018-19 as compared to 10.3% in the previous financial year.
11. The 5th United Nations Global Road Safety Week is being observed from_____________, 2019.
a)May 7 to 13
b)May 5 to 11
c)May 8 to 14
d)May 6 to 12
12.___________ regained the status of the country’s most valued firm in terms of market capitalisation (market-cap).
13. India is set to get its first Apple Inc retail store in___________.
14. Max Life Insurance Co Ltd , one of industry’s foremost life insurance companies, announced that it will dedicate __________ day of every calendar month as ‘Protection Day’.