Current Affairs Quiz – March 8 2019
1. The Government has approved establishment of two new benches of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), one at Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh and the other at Indore in ___________.
2. SC appoints three-member mediation panel in Ayodhya land dispute case, Headed by __________.
c)Shri Shri Ravi Shankar
d)F M Kallifulla
3. What is The theme for this year’s women’s day ?
a)‘Think Big, Build Smart, Innovate for Change’
b)‘Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for development’
c)‘Think Smartly , Build Smart, Innovate for Change’
d)‘Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change’
4. ____________has been appointed as the next ambassador of India to Saudi Arabia.
a)Dr. Ausaf Sayeed
c)F M Kallifulla
d)None of these
5. ________ has been appointed by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as its newest Goodwill Ambassador.
6. Governor of Mizoram _______ has resigned from his post.
b)Lal Ji Tandon
c)Prof. Jagdish Mukhi
7. Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri launched _________ app to properties have been made online.
8. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley released a book _________ a compilation of selected speeches delivered by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
a)“Sabka Saath Sabke Saath”
b)“Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas”
c)“Mera Saath Sabka Vikas”
d)“Hamara Saath Desh ka Vikas”
9. Which state has launched Yuvashree Arpan Scheme 2019 to generate employment opportunities for youths?
10. ____________has been named for the Chameli Devi Jain Award for an Outstanding Woman Journalist for the year 2018.
d)None of these
11. Former RBI Governor__________has been chosen for the ‘Yashwantrao Chavan National Award 2018’ for his contribution to economic development.
a)Dr. Urjit R. Patel
b)Dr. Raghuram Rajan
c)Dr. D. Subbarao
d)Dr. Bimal Jalan
12. Business organisations using Aadhaar services will now have to pay _____ for each customer verification .
13. The World Bank will provide Rs 2,200-crore loan to ________ for a project aimed at strengthening the state’s overall healthcare systems.
14. ________has been adjudged as the best airport in the category of over 40 million passengers per annum (MPPA) in Asia Pacific by Airports Council International (ACI) in the Airport Service Quality Programme for 2018.
a)Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport
b)Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
c)Swami Vivekananda Airport
d)The Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport
15. India is expected to be the third-largest consumer economy as its consumption is likely to triple to $4 trillion by__________.
16. Lalit Kala Akademi’s 60th annual exhibit to take place in _________.
17. the Maharashtra government launched a special scheme ________for construction workers in the state.
a)“Atal Aahar Yojna,”
b)“Atal Aahar Yojna,”
d)“Atal Bichar Yojna,”
18._______ a Deputy Director-General of the World Health Organisation has been named Chief Scientist of the WHO.