Current Affairs Quiz – March 16 2019
1._________of Pune, Maharashtra has bagged the first prize of DD Mahila Kisan Award for 2018-19.
2. the country’s exports grew by 2.44 per cent year-on-year to 26.67 billion dollar while imports declined by__________ to 36.26 billion dollars.
a)5.2 per cent
b)5.4 per cent
c)5.0 per cent
d)5.3 per cent
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ________- campaign.
a)‘Hum Bhi Chowkidar”
b)‘Desh ka Chowkidar”
c)‘Main Bhi Chowkidar”
4. A US jury has decided that ___________ needs to pay chip-maker Qualcomm $31 million for violating three of its patents.
d)None of these
5. The 2022 football Qatar World Cup may see an expansion from ___________ teams.
a)30 to 48
b)32 to 48
c)32 to 45
d)32 to 40
6. World commits to reduce single-use plastics by __________.
7. ____________ Got RBI nod for Gruh Finance merger.
a)Airtel Payment Bank
8. IT major Wipro Ltd opened its centre of excellence for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) in __________ .
9. Santosh Jha has been appointed as the country’s next Ambassador to__________.
10. ________will head the National Mission on Transformative Mobility Panel.
a)Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha
b)Indu Shekhar Jha
c)Rishi Kumar Shukla
11. India were awarded the rights to host the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup in _____________.
12.____________has been bestowed with the Best Domestic Water Purifier Award 2018-19 .
a)Pureit Marvella Slim
13. _________ announced the launch of WINGS, a specially designed mentorship program to empower women workforce.
a)Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
b)AEGON Life Insurance
c)Aviva Life Insurance
d)Reliance Life Insurance
14. Argentina & ________ set to be co-hosts of 2020 Copa America.
15. __________ conduct “coordinated operation” against insurgents posing threat to Kaladan project.
a)India & Argentina
b)India & Myanmar
c)India & Colombia
d)India & Nepal
16. ___________announced the launch of YONO Cash using which customers can withdraw money from ATMs without using a card.
b)Punjab National Bank
c)Bank of Baroda
d)State Bank of India
12. Vedanta Ltd named metals industry veteran_______ as Sterlite Copper CEO.
13. ________ emerged as the top three Indian brands of 2019, according a report published by Interbrand, part of the Omnicom Media Group.
a)Tata, Reliance and Airtel
b)Tata, Reliance and Idea
c)Tata, Reliance and Vodafone
d)Tata and Reliance