Current Affairs Quiz
1. Which state gets waste management plant to preserve green cover recently?
2. Which state government inaugurated various skill development centres across the state?
3. A Defence Innovation Centre would be set up in __________ by industry body CODISSIA
4. India’s first park for people with special needs was opened in __________
d) New Delhi
5. Which state government was set to launch a major welfare initiative for workers in the unorganised sector to provide them institutionalised socio- economic security?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
6. Which state would get its first Film and Television Institute, being set up by the union government as part of tapping the potential of the North Eastern Region?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
7. Which state gets the official emblem of the state government, the emblem featuring the ‘Biswa Bangla’ logo?
a) West Bengal
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
8. The Indian Navy and ___________ have entered into an Memorandum of Understanding for utilising the Port’s berthing facility at Mattancherry wharf for Naval ships
a) Kandla Port Trust
b) Paradip Port Trust
c) Cochin Port Trust
d) Kolkata Port Trust
9. The international kite festival was held in ___________
10. The India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) is set to hold the country’s first startup competition in ____________
a) New Delhi
11. World Sweet Festival to be held in __________ from January 13
c) New Delhi
12. Paytm Payments Bank has partnered with __________ to introduce a facility to create a fixed deposit when the customer balance exceeds Rs 1 lakh at the end of day
a) Yes Bank
b) Kotak Mahindra Bank
c) Induslnd Bank
d) HDFC Bank
13. Which bank plans to issue its first US dollar-denominated bond with minimum worth of a USD billion by June this year?
a) World Bank
b) Asian Development Bank
c) New Development Bank
d) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
14. Which film won the Best Motion Picture Award in the drama category at this year’s 75th Golden Globe Awards?
a) Ingrid Goes West
b) The Little Hours
c) Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
d) Office Christmas Party
15. Which country has stepped up for equality and has become the first country in the world to legalise equal pay?
16. The World Day of War Orphans was observed on?
a) January 06
b) January 07
c) January 08
d) January 09
17. Which state government is procuring 50 robots which are developed to clean sewer holes?
18. Who won the Brisbane International tennis title 2018?
a) Angelique Kerber
b) Karolína Plíšková
c) Elina Svitolina
d) Svetlana Kuznetsova
19. Who won the Mastercard Hopman Cup title 2018?
a) Roger Federer
b) Novak Djokovic
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Andy Murray
20. Astronaut John Young who passed away recently, he was from __________