Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who is the new Prime Minister of Somalia?
a) Sharif Sheikh Ahmed
b) Abdiweli Mohamed Ali
c) Hassan Ali Khaire
d) Omar Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke
2. Which Bank has bagged two ‘IBA-Banking Technology’ awards?
a) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
b) Yes Bank
c) Federal Bank
d) Karnataka Bank
3. Which state government has prohibited the manufacture, storage, sale or distribution of food products containing tobacco or nicotine like gutkha and pan masala in the state for one year?
c) Madya Pradesh
4. Which state government has launched E-learning program by installing computers in the state’s public libraries?
a) West Bengal
b) Jammu and Kashmir
5. The first Antyodaya Express will be launched between Mumbai and __________
6. The government will launch the next tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds on February 27 as part of efforts to mop up Rs _____ crore from all the gold schemes during this fiscal year
7. Who has been chosen as the brand ambassador for the government’s cleanliness initiative Swachh Bharat Mission recently?
a) Shilpa Shetty
b) Anushka Sharma
c) Priyanka Chopra
d) Deepika Padukone
8. Which state government has made it mandatory for all private schools to install solar systems to make them self-sufficient in the field of electricity?
9. Microfinance institution Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd has launched an initiative for instant loan approval and disbursed them to three women in ___________
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Himachal Pradesh
d) Andra Pradesh
10. National Biodiversity Congress (NBC) 2017 to be held in ____________
d) Andra Pradesh
11. The merger of State Bank of India’s five associate banks with the parent will become effective in ____________
a) March 01, 2017
b) April 01, 2017
c) May 01, 2017
d) July 01, 2017
12. Which telecom company to acquire Telenor India Communications?
a) Reliance Jio
b) Tata Docomo
13. Which country army is lifting a historic ban on female officers wearing the Islamic headscarf in the officially secular country?
14. Cressida Dick will be the next commissioner of London’s Metropolitan Police the first woman to lead Scotland Yard in its 188-year history, she belongs to _________
15. Astronomers have found a nearby solar system with _________ Earth-sized planets
16. Indian Naval Ship _____________, which was first commissioned in the Indian Navy on May 12, 1987, will be decommissioned from service on March 6
a) INS Delhi
b) INS Mumbai
c) INS Vikramaditya
d) INS Viraat
17. ____________will host the ISSF World Cup finals in 2017
c) New Delhi
18. Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel has announced that the first Gramin Khel Mahotsav will be held from 25th to 31st of March in ____________
d) New Delhi
19. Which country will be hosting the Combined World Cup for shooting in 2019?
20. Diplomat Vitaly Churkin who passed away recently, he was from ___________