Current Affairs Quiz – April 8 2019
1. NGT forms committee to look into Yamuna floodplain erosion in Sonipat, The Committee headed by ____________.
b)Adarsh Kumar Goel
c)N Paul Vasanthakumar
2. The sixth edition of the joint military training exercise _________-between the Indian Army and the Sri Lankan Army concluded in Sri Lanka.
3. Chinese badminton ace ____________ clinched the Malaysia Open in Kuala Lumpur.
b)Lee Chong Wei
4. A Nobel Prize-winning biologist ___________who helped decipher the genetic code has died .
5. ____________, topped the national ranking of higher institutes released by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRD) .
6. ___________ is Congress’ campaign slogan for 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
a)‘Ab Hoga Nyay’
b)‘Ab Hoga Vikash’
c)‘Ab Hoga Sapna pura’
d)‘Ab Hoga Desh Aage’
7. Star raider__________became the second-most expensive player in the history of the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) .
8. Hockey India has named_____________ as the new chief coach of the Indian men’s hockey team.
9. Backup solutions provider Veeam Software announced the appointment of________- as the Channel Director for Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ).
c)Kelly Knight Craft
10. ________ has received the Letter of Intent (LoI) to acquire the insolvent Korba West Power Company (KWPCL) .
a)Bina Thermal Power Plant
c)Chhabra Thermal Power Plant
d)Parichha Thermal Power Station
11. World Bank Projects India’s GDP To Expand____________ In FY20.
12. The joint military exercise between ________-and the US, “African Lion 2019,” kicked off in southern Morocco.