Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who has been honored with the 2016 Turing Award, computing version of the Nobel Prize?
a) Robert Cailliau
b) Ted Nelson
c) Tim Berners-Lee
d) Robert E. Kahn
2. Who has been appointed as Executive Director of Reserve Bank of India Recently?
a) Usha Ananthasubramanian
b) Malvika Sinha
c) Priya Krishnan
d) Meena Gupta
3. Which state government waived farmers’ loan of up to ₹1 lakh recently?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Andra pradesh
4. Foreign tourists visiting India on e-visa can now stay up to _____ days instead of 30 days earlier
5. IT industry body Nasscom has appointed _____________ as its chairman for 2017-18
a) Anand Mahindra
b) Mukesh Ambani
c) Vineet Nayar
d) Raman Roy
6. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has declared Jhargram as the _____ district of West Bengal
7. _____________government has increased the minimum wages of workers on the basis of the revised dearness allowance (DA) rates in the state with effect from April 1
a) Madya Pradesh
8. International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action was observed on?
a) April 01
b) April 02
c) April 03
d) April 04
9. Which state government has directed officials to take steps to make Yoga, along with a self-defence programme for girls, compulsory in all state government-run schools?
b) Uttar Pradesh
10. Malaysian PM Mohd Najib Tun Razak announced the launch of multiple-entry e-visas, allowing Indians to fly to Malaysia and visit _________________________using just one visa
a) Vietnam, Singapore, and Brunei
b) South Thailand, Singapore, and Philippines
c) South Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia
d) South Thailand, Brunei, and Indonesia
11. Who has become the first woman IPS officer to be appointed for the top job in Gujarat?
a) Geetha Johri
b) Archana Johri
c) Mamta Johri
d) Swathi Johri
12. National Maritime Day was observed on?
a) April 04
b) April 05
c) April 06
d) April 07
13. India’s first transgender Sub-Inspector, K Prithika Yashini, has joined the ____________ police force after completing her one-year training
a) Andra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
14. A Malaysian company has agreed to help set up a technology park in ______________
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Andra Pradesh
15. The board of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cleared a proposal to introduce banknotes of ____ denomination
16. India has been ranked __________ for the third year in a row in a doping violation report published by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for 2015
17. Who is the new President of Serbia?
a) Vojislav Šešelj
b) Milorad Dodik
c) Aleksandar Vulin
d) Aleksandar Vucic
18. Aditya Birla Group has received licence from the Reserve Bank of India to start payments bank recently, it is a joint venture with group firm ___________ to set up a payments bank
19. Who has been named as the Leading Cricketer in the World for 2016, in this year’s edition of the Wisden Cricketer’s Almanack?
a) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
b) Virat Kohli
c) Ravichandran Ashwin
d) Ajinkya Rahane
20. Kishori Amonkar who passed away recently was a/an