Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 22 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 22 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. PM Modi launches “Ghar Tak Fibre” scheme in Bihar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched nine highway projects and Optical Fibre Internet Services in Bihar. The optical fibre services are being provided under the scheme “Ghar Tak Fibre”. These services are to be executed along with combined efforts of Common Service Centre.
- Chief Minister of Bihar: Nitish Kumar; Governor: Phagu Chauhan.
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology: Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao.
2. HCL & Google Cloud expands partnership for HCL’s Actian portfolio
HCL Technologies and Google Cloud has announced the expansion of their strategic partnership to bring HCL’s Actian portfolio, starting with Actian Avalanche, to Google Cloud. Actian Avalanche is a high-performance hybrid cloud data warehouse designed to power an enterprise’s most demanding operational analytics workloads.
3. India launches first ever direct cargo ferry with Maldives
India and the Maldives have launched the first-ever direct Cargo Ferry Service on 21 September 2020 to boost trade between the two countries. The cargo ferry service will connect the Indian ports of Tuticorin and Cochin ports with Kulhudhuhfushi and Male ports in the Maldives.
- Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) MD & Chairman: Mrs H.K.Joshi.
- Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Shipping Corporation of India Founded: 1950.
4. International Red Panda Day 2020
The International Red Panda Day (IRPD) is celebrated on third Saturday of September every year to raise public awareness and support for red panda conservation issues. In 2020, the IRPD is being observed on 19 September 2020. The day was launched by the Red Panda Network in 2010. The first international red Panda day was celebrated on 18th September 2010.
- Red Panda Network Founder: Brian Williams.
- Headquarters: Eugene, Oregon.
5. Former Canadian PM John Turner passes away
The former Prime Minister of Canada, John Turner passed away. He served as the Prime Minister for just 79 days in 1984, the 2nd shortest term in the office recorded in the history of Canada. He was born on 7th June 1929 at Richmond, England.
6. IDFC Mutual Fund launches ‘SIP in Fixed Income’ campaign
IDFC Mutual Fund has started a new campaign called SIFI or `SIP in Fixed Income’. The new campaign called SIFI has been launched to make investors more aware about the benefits of investing in fixed income products via Systematic Investment Plans.
Chief Executive Officer of IDFC AMC: Vishal Kapoor.
7. Novak Djokovic wins 2020 Italian Open title
Novak Djokovic has defeated Argentine Diego Schwartzman, 7-6, 5-3, to win 2020 Men’s Single Italian Open title and his fifth overall Rome title. In Women’s single, Simona Halep defeated champion Karolina Pliskova, 6-0, 2-1, to win her first Italian Open title.
8. Nepal’s Legendary Mountaineer Ang Rita Sherpa passes away
Nepal-based Ang Rita Sherpa, the first man to climb Mount Everest 10 times, passed away. He made all the ascents to the world’s tallest mountain between 1983 and 1996 and that too without bottled oxygen. He was therefore also known as the “snow leopard” for his climbing skills.
9. September 22: World Rhino Day
Every year the World Rhino Day is celebrated on September 22nd by the World Wildlife Fund and several other international organisations. The day is celebrated to create awareness about the threats faced by 5 rhinoceros species living in Asia and Africa. The day also celebrates these five rhinoceros species.
Theme: Five Rhino Species Forever
10. Epidemic Diseases (Amendment) bill passed in Lok Sabha
Lok Sabha passed Epidemic Diseases (Amendment) Bill 2020. It was first introduced in Rajya Sabha. The bill amends the Epidemic Diseases act 1897. The act is being amended to protect Health Care personnel combating in the front line against pandemic and epidemic.
11. Airbus to launch World’s first Commercial Hydrogen aircraft by 2035
The aviation company airbus launched three concepts for the first zero emission commercial aircraft. Their aircraftcraft is to enter into service by 2035.