Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 03 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 03 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. 2nd edition of India-Bangladesh Navy Bilateral Exercise “Bongosagar”
The second edition of Indian Navy (IN) – Bangladesh Navy (BN) Bilateral Exercise Bongosagar commences in Northern Bay of Bengal. Exercise Bongosagar, is aimed at developing inter-operability and joint operational skills through conduct of a wide spectrum of maritime exercises and operations.
2. NABARD launches special refinance facility for WASH programme
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has announced a special refinance facility of Rs 800 crore for Fiscal Year 2021. With this, NABARD will support the Government of India’s Water, Sanitisation and Hygiene (WASH) programme.
Chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development: G R Chintala.
3. Assam CM launches ‘Kritagyata’ for online pension submission and tracking
Chief Minister of Assam has launched a portal “Kritagyata”, an online pension submission and tracking system. It has been launched to lend convenience to the pensioners to dispose off their pension related claims.
- Chief Minister of Assam: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Prof. Jagdish Mukhi.
4. West Bengal launches “Pathashree Abhijan” scheme for road repair
West Bengal government has launched the “Pathashree Abhijan” scheme. It is a road repair scheme, where more than 7,000 stretches of roads comprising 12,000 kilometers across the state will be repaired in a mission mode and in a time-bound manner.
- Chief Minister of West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar.
5. Devyani Khobragade Appointed India’s Next Ambassador To Cambodia
Indian Foreign Service officer Devyani Uttam Khobragade has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to Cambodia, the Ministry of External Affairs said.
Ms Khobragade, a 1999-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as a joint secretary in the ministry at its headquarters in Delhi.
6. US Military Aircraft refuels in India for the first time
For the first time in Indian history, the United States long range maritime patrol aircraft refuelled at India’s Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The P-8 Poseidon aircraft landed in Port Blair for refuelling support
The LEMOA (Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement) allows both the countries to access their bases.
7. NASA launches SS Kalpana Chawla Cargo Spacecraft
NASA launched a commercial spacecraft named after Indian Origin deceased NASA Astronaut “Kalpana Chawla”. The spacecraft carried 4 tonnes of cargo including refined radishes for the International Space Station.
8. Test fire of new version and nuclear capable “Shaurya Missile” successful
India successfully test fired the new version of nuclear capable Shaurya missile in Balasore, Odisha. After the success of the test firing, the missile is to be inducted into Indian Armed Forces to complement the existing missiles.
About Shaurya Missile
The missile was developed by DRDO. It is a hypersonic surface-to-surface missile with a range of 700-1000 km. It is considered as the land version of Sagarika K-15 missile. The K-15 missiles were developed to be used in nuclear powered Arihant-class submarine.