Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 27 2019
1. Global Exhibition on Services-2019 organised in Bengaluru
Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways inaugurated the Global Exhibition on Services (GES) 2019 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The year 2019 is the 5th edition of GES. The inaugural function was also attended by Chief Minister of Karnataka B. S. Yediyurappa.
2. DEFCOM INDIA 2019 seminar being held in New Delhi
A two-day seminar ‘DEFCOM INDIA 2019’ is being held at Manekshaw Centre in New Delhi from 26-27 November 2019. The theme for seminar is – ‘Communications: A Decisive Catalyst for Jointness’. The seminar is devoted to the seminal theme of leveraging communications for achieving jointness between three services.
3. DRDO Chairman G Satheesh Reddy awarded honorary fellowship by Royal Aeronautical Society of UK
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) chairman G Satheesh Reddy was awarded honorary fellowship by Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) of United Kingdom (UK) during the Medals and Awards presentation ceremony in London. He is the first Indian recipient of the prestigious award in more than 100 years.
4. Deepika Kumari-Atanu Das bag bronze medal at Asian Archery Champions
The embattled Indian archers overcame all odds to ensure two medals in the recurve and compound mixed event of the Asian Archery championship.
Competing under a neutral flag due to the suspension of Indian federation, the Indian archers opened their account with a bronze medal in the recurve mixed pair event where Atanu Das and Deepika Kumari defeated Yichai Zheng and Shaoxuan Wei of China 6-2 without breaking a sweat.
5. ISRO launches CARTOSAT-3, 13 nano satellites from Sriharikota
India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-XL (PSLV-XL) rocket carrying advanced earth observation satellite Cartosat-3 and 13 US nano satellites lifted off from the second launch pad of the rocket port here. At about 9.28 a.m. the 44.4 metre tall, weighing 320 ton rocket blasted off from the second launch pad at the country’s rocket port here. The launch was normal despite a clouded sky. According to ISRO, the 1,625 kg Cartosat-3 is an advanced agile satellite to obtain panchromatic and multispectral imagery with an operational life of five years.
6. Uttar Pradesh govt to set up state’s 1st vulture conservation
In a major step to conserve the endangered vulture population, the Uttar Pradesh government will set up state’s first vulture conservation and breeding centre in farenda area of Maharajganj district.
Environment Minister had recently told the Parliament that There has been a sharp decline in the population of vultures in the country which has come down from 40 million to 19,000 in a span of over three decades.
7. Guru Ghasidas National Park to be declared as Tiger Reserve
Chhattisgarh government has decided to declare Guru Ghasidas National Park in Koriya district as the Tiger Reserve. The decision was taken in the 11th meeting of Chhattisgarh State Wildlife Board held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel at his official residence. It may be mentioned that National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) already gave in-principle approval for creation of Guru Ghasidas National Park as the Tiger Reserve in Chhattisgarh. At present, Chhattisgarh has three tiger reserves-Indravati, Udanti-Sitanadi and Achanakmar. According to an NTCA, these reserves have 26 tigers as per tiger census of 2010.
8. Cabinet approves Agreement and Protocol between India and Chile for the avoidance of double taxation
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the signing of the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and Protocol between the Republic of India and the Republic of Chile for the elimination of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion and avoidance with respect to taxes on income.
9. India’s first natural gas exchange to be unveiled by March 2020
India’s largest electricity trading platform Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) is planning to unveil the country’s first natural gas exchange by March 2020. IEX’s strategies director Rajesh Mediratta said the company has started putting together the infrastructure and a 20-member team to run the exchange. He added the bourse will help bring down the price of natural gas through competitive trade.
10. President Ram Nath Kovind launches web portal of National Youth Parliament Scheme
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind launched a web portal of National Youth Parliament Scheme on the occasion of 70th anniversary of the adoption of Indian Constitution. The President emphasized the rights of the countrymen as well as the duties.
About National Youth Parliament Scheme Portal
• India’s all recognized educational organizations will be eligible to take in the National Youth Parliament Scheme.
• This web-portal will be the only medium for applying for participation and registration by the educational institutions.
• National Youth Parliament Scheme Portal will provide photographs, videos, scripts and e-training modules for online self-learning.
• Once the registration is done, the eligible educational institution will be able to take part in youth parliament sittings in their respective.
• Students, taking part in the programme, will be given ‘certificate of participation’ and each head of the institution and teacher-in-charge will be given a ‘certificate of appreciation’ through the web-portal.
• It is believed that the National youth Parliament Scheme Portal will provide shape to PM Modi’s vision of organizing youth parliament sessions across the country.
11. BJP govt in Maharashtra gone in 80 hours, Uddhav Thackeray set to be CM
Thackeray, along with two deputy chief ministers and a council of ministers comprising legislators from all the three parties, will take oath of office, November 28, at a ceremony to be held at Mumbai’s Shivaji Park.