Indulge your taste buds with our delightful GK Quiz on Food!
From exotic cuisines to famous dishes, rare spices, and culinary traditions, put your food knowledge to the test.
Discover fascinating facts and satisfy your appetite for knowledge in this mouthwatering quiz. Play now and become a true food connoisseur!
GK Quiz on Food
Here’s a “GK Quiz on Food” with 30 questions and their Answers, each with 4 options:
1. Which country is credited with the invention of ice cream?
c) United States
2. Which type of pasta is shaped like small rice grains?
3. Which fruit is known as the “queen of fruits” and is native to Southeast Asia?
a) Dragon fruit
4. What is the main ingredient in the popular Mexican dish “Guacamole”?
5. Which spice is made from the dried stigma of a crocus flower and is one of the most expensive spices in the world?
6. “Pho” is a traditional noodle soup from which country?
7. Which type of cheese is used in the classic Italian dish “Lasagna”?
8. What is the primary ingredient used to make the Japanese dish “Tempura”?
9. “Pav Bhaji” is a popular street food dish from which Indian state?
c) West Bengal
10. Which country is famous for producing the finest quality coffee in the world?
11. “Haggis” is a traditional dish that originated in which country?
12. What is the main ingredient in the popular Middle Eastern dish “Hummus”?
d) Fava beans
13. Which fruit is known for being a natural source of potassium and is often associated with preventing muscle cramps?
14. “Poutine” is a Canadian dish made with which three main ingredients?
a) French fries, gravy, and cheese curds
b) Pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese
c) Rice, vegetables, and chicken
d) Tortilla, beans, and cheese
15. Which type of seafood is a key ingredient in the traditional Spanish dish “Paella”?
16. “Kimchi” is a traditional side dish from which country?
c) South Korea
17. Which spice is derived from the dried outer covering of nutmeg and is commonly used in baking?
18. The famous Indian bread “Naan” is typically cooked in a traditional oven called a:
19. What is the primary ingredient used in the Japanese dish “Sushi”?
d) Fish or other toppings
20. “Baklava,” a delicious pastry, is commonly associated with which region?
a) Middle East
b) South America
c) North Africa
d) Southeast Asia
21. Which fruit is known for being a good source of vitamin C and is often associated with Florida, USA?
22. The spicy dish “Vindaloo” has its origins in which Indian state?
23. Which type of pasta is shaped like small rice grains?
24. The famous French dessert “Crème Brûlée” is known for its:
a) Creamy custard base
b) Flaky pastry crust
c) Chocolate filling
d) Exotic fruit toppings
25. The popular Greek dish “Moussaka” typically consists of layers of eggplant and which other key ingredient?
26. What is the main ingredient in the traditional Indian dish “Saag Paneer”?
27. “Gazpacho” is a cold soup that originates from which country?
28. The famous Mexican dish “Tacos” traditionally uses what kind of tortilla?
29. “Kebabs” are a popular dish in various cuisines and are typically made by:
a) Grilling skewered meat and vegetables
b) Boiling meat in a spicy broth
c) Baking dough with cheese and tomato sauce
d) Deep-frying battered seafood
30. “Gouda” and “Edam” are types of cheese originating from which country?
Feel free to use this “GK Quiz on Food” for your enjoyment or educational purposes!