Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 27 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 27 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. Veteran Gujarati Film Musician, Former MP Mahesh Kanodia passes away
Famous Gujarati film musician, singer and former Parliamentarian Mahesh Kanodia passed away. He was born at Kanoda village of Mehsana district on January 27, 1937.
Kanodia was a three-time BJP MP from Patan in north Gujarat. He represented Patan Lok Sabha constituency as a Member of Parliament of the BJP thrice between 1991 and 1999.
2. IIT Jodhpur, NHAI sign MoU for betterment of Highway Infrastructure
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jodhpur and National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to share expertise for the betterment of highway infrastructure.
- National Highways Authority of India Chairman: Sukhbir Singh Sandhu.
- National Highways Authority of India Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Chairman: R. Chidambaram.
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur: Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
3. Alpha Condé won the 3rd Term as President of Guinea
Alpha Condé, the incumbent president of Guinea and leader of Rally of the Guinean People (Rassemblement du Peuple Guinéen – RPG) party won the 3rd the term as the President of Guinea by winning the 2020 presidential elections.
- Guinea Prime Minister: Ibrahima Kassory Fofana.
- Guinea Capital: Conakry.
- Guinea Currency: Guinean Franc.
4. Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports appoints Bimal Julka as Chairman
Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) has announced the appointment of Bimal Julka as its Chairman. In his new role, Julka will work closely with all the stakeholders to further strengthen the operating standards of the Indian fantasy sports industry.
5. Haryana tops Anemia Mukt Bharat Index in country
Haryana is the best State in Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index with 46.7 among 29 states in the country. Further, in the year 2019-20, the state had achieved 93 per cent of immunization.
- Haryana Capital: Chandigarh.
- Haryana Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya.
- Haryana Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar.
6. Samsung Tops Forbes’ list of World’s Best Employer 2020
South Korea based electronics conglomerate, Samsung Electronics has topped the list of ‘World’s Best Employer 2020′ published by Forbes’. Amazon, IBM, Microsoft and LG are among the top 5 in the list respectively. The global list features 750 multinational and large corporations headquartered in 45 countries.
From India, HCL Technologies is the top industry in the list. It is placed at the 30th position globally. In the Banking sector, HDFC Bank is top from India. It is at 176th position.
7.World Day for Audiovisual Heritage: 27 October
The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is observed globally on 27 October every year. The day was chosen by UNESCO to raise awareness of the significance and preservation risks of recorded sound and audiovisual documents.
The theme of the World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2020: “Your Window to the World”.
8. Vigilance Awareness Week 2020
The Vigilance Awareness Week 2020, is being celebrated from 27 October to 2 November 2020. The is observed every year by the Central Vigilance Commission during the week in which the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31 October) falls.
- Central Vigilance Commissioner: Sanjay Kothari.
- Central Vigilance Commissioner Formed: February 1964.
- Central Vigilance Commissioner Headquarters: New Delhi.
9. Vulture conservation centres to be established in 5 states of India
The National Board for Wildlife recently approved an action plan for vulture conservation, 2020-20-25. Under the new National Action Plan for Vulture Conservation, five new conservation centres are to be established in five different state.
The new vulture conservation centres are to be established in the states of Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
10. Kerala becomes first state to fix floor price for vegetables
Kerala has become the first state to set floor prices for vegetables which would be 20% above the production cost, CM Pinarayi Vijayan said. It would come into effect from November 1. “In all, 16 varieties of vegetables would be covered in the first phase and there’s a provision to revise the floor price on a regular basis,” he added.