The Odisha government has decided to appoint one thousand Banking Correspondents in about one thousand unbanked Gram Panchayats of 107 blocks across the State.The decision was taken at a high level meeting presided over by chief secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi at the State Secretariat in Bhubaneswar in view of the difficulties faced by the people in unbanked rural areas across the state after the demonetization of 1000 and 500 rupees note since November 8.
Banks will appoint Banking correspondents through the Odisha Livelihoods Mission, OLM in unbanked rural areas to help the people who are facing difficulties due to the effect of demonetization.
- It is the 9th largest state by area, and the 11th largest by population.
- Odia (formerly known as Oriya) is the official and most widely spoken language, spoken by 33.2 million according to the 2001 Census.
- Chilika Lake is a brackish water lagoon on the east coast of Odisha with an area of 1105 km2.
- It is connected to the Bay of Bengal by a 35-km-long narrow channel and is a part of the Mahanadi delta.
- The name of the state was changed from Orissa to Odisha, and the name of its language from Oriya to Odia, in 2011, by the passage of the Orissa (Alteration of Name) Bill, 2010 and the Constitution (113th Amendment) Bill, 2010 in the Parliament.
- National parks in odisha
- Nandakanan Biological Park
- Simlipal National Park
- Chandaka Elephant Sanctuary
- Bhitarkanika National Park