Yuki Bhambri has become India’s number one singles player after leaping to number 158 in the latest world rankings. He is ahead of India’s Somdev Devvarman (172) and Saketh Myneni (196). Yuki gained 22 places after finishing runner-up at the Samarkand Challenger. Yuki Bhambri was ranked 414 in February. He won bronze medal in Incheon Asian Games singles and also doubles. Yuki was the former junior number one and also he was the first Indian to win the junior Australian Open title. Bhambri qualified for the 2015 Australian Open, but lost to Great Britain’s Andy Murray in the 1st round.
- There are four Grand Slam tournaments: The Australian Open, The French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.
- Venus and Serena Williams became the first set of sisters to ever win Olympic gold medals in tennis.
- The All India Tennis Association is the governing body of tennis in India.
- A tennis ball weighs 2 ounces or 56.69 grams.
- The French Open is actually named after a person – Roland Garros. He was a world-class aviator and a great tennis player.