Tech Mahindra announced its biggest defence order worth over Rs 300 crore with the Indian Navy. As part of the ‘Armed Forces Secure Access Card’ (AFSAC) Project, Tech Mahindra will implement RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) based Access Control System across all naval bases and ships.
The new AFSAC Card will replace the existing paper based Identity Card for all Navy personnel including dependents and ex-servicemen. Using the CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) level 5 processes, Tech Mahindra will develop a secure application to manage the access control devices, network devices and the AFSAC Card through a data center. Tech Mahindra is already working with entities like Coal India, India Ports Association, Kanpur Smart City and others.
- Tech Mahindra Limited is an Indian multinational provider of information technology (IT), networking technology solutions, Integrated Engineering Solutions(IES) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) to various industry verticals and horizontals. Anand Mahindra is the Chairman of Tech Mahindra, which is headquartered at Pune and has its registered office in Mumbai.
- It is a subsidiary of the Mahindra Group, Tech Mahindra is a US$4.9 billion company with over 121,840+ employees across 90 countries.
- Tech Mahindra was ranked #50 in India’s IT firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012.
- Tech Mahindra, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with Mahindra Satyam.
- Tech Mahindra has 926 active clients as of March 2018.