Two leading Indian companies have been awarded for their leadership in sustainability, corporate social responsibility, eco consciousness and community care at the third annual Asia Corporate Excellence and Sustainability Awards (ACES). TATA Consultancy Services (TCS) was named Industry Champions in the Leadership category.
- A pioneer in the IT industry, TCS’ leadership is evidenced by its strong global footprint that spans a vast network over 45 countries with a workforce of over 350,000 employees, noted ACES organisers MORS Group of Malaysia.
- TCS’ mission statement stresses its aims to help customers achieve their business objectives by providing innovative, best-in-class consulting, IT solutions and services, it noted.
- Even more remarkably, the company aims to “make it a joy for all stakeholders to work with us,” said MORS which spearheads a series of programmes for companies across Asia.
- “This commitment to go above and beyond mere duty and business is what distinguishes Tata Consultancy Services as an industry ch ..
- TCS was also named “Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year” for its deep commitment to its corporate social responsibility (CSR) responsibility role.
- India’s Vedanta Limited was named “Top Companies to Work For in Asia.”
- The staff turnaround/attrition rate at Vedanta, at 5.38 per cent, is lower than the industry average, because there are numerous measures and policies in place that both attract and retain the talent at Vedanta.
- Eleven Indian companies were nominated among 185 Asian businesses for ACES 2016 awards.