S Ramadorai has retired from the position of chairman and public interest directorship of BSE. He was appointed as public interest director and chairman of the board on 8 March 2010 and retired on 7 March 2016 after serving BSE for six years.
The Board placed on record its appreciation for the valued direction and able guidance of Ramadorai that led to multi-dimensional and diversified growth of the Exchange. Sudhakar Rao will take over as the new public interest director and chairman of BSE subject to Sebi approval.
- Sensex and NIFTY are two such prominent market indices that function within the Indian stock market.
- The Sensex is an indicator of all the major companies listed on BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) which is situated at Bombay.
- The Nifty is an indicator of all the major companies listed on NSE (National Stock Exchange) which is situated at Delhi.
- These two are the major stock exchanges in the country.
- Most of the stock trading in the country is done though the BSE & the NSE.