GK Quiz on Indian History
1. Who was the founder of the Kanva dynasty?
2. Who started the Saka Era and when?
a) Kadphises in 58 BC
b) Rudradaman-I in 78 AD
c) Vikramaditya in 58 BC
d) Kanishka in 78 AD
3. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
a) Vardhamana Mahavira’s father-Siddhartha
b) Vardhamana Mahavira’s mother- Trisala
c) Vardhamana Mahavira’s wife-Yashoda
d) Vardhamana Mahavira’s daughter-Cheiiana
4. In which of the following sects was Bindusara interested?
5. Who is said to be responsible for the spread of Jainism in Karnataka?
b) Chandragupta Maurya
d) Mahapadma Nanda
6. Which one of the following sources states that Srinagar was built by Ashoka?
a) Kalhana’s Rajatarangini
c) Tarantha’s History of Tibet
7. Which one of the following pairs is incorrectly matched?
a) Askini – Chenab
b) Sutudri – Sutlej
c) Vipas – Jhelum
d) Parushni – Ravi
8. The origin of Indian music can be traced to which of the following Vedic Samhitas?
9. Nagarjuna is known as the Einstein of India because:
a) Like Einstein he had a rare insight into the nature of the universe.
b) He was one of the greatest physicists of all time.
c) He propounded the theory of Shunyavada similar to Einstein’s theory of Relativity.
d) He was a great dialectician.
10. The greatest Chola king in the dynasty of the Cholas of Thanjavur was?