Directions (1-5) Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer.
(a) If the data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
(b) If the data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
(c) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(d) If the data in both statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
(e) If the data in both statement I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1)How many students are there between Lalit and Anjali in a row of 50 students?
I)Lalit is twelfth from the left and Anjali is seventeenth from the right end.
II)Lalit is six places away from Raj, who is twentieth from the left end.
2)How much did Neena score in a twenty-mark exam?
I)Neena scored two-digit marks and her score was not an odd number.
II)Neena scored more than 12 but less than 16 marks.
3)In which month of the year did Lalit go to Siachen for business trip?
I)Raghav, the friend of Lalit, correctly remembers that he went for the business trip in the third quarter of the fiscal year.
II)Lalit’s son remembers that he went after 20th October but before 10th November.
4)Is Jk grandson of Tk?
I)Tk is mother of Ov. Ov is brother of Vh. Vh is father of Jk.
II)Wg is daughter of Jk. Sl is son of Jk. Rt is sister of Vh.
5)Vidushi is in which direction with respect to Qureshi?
I)Suresh is to the west of Tanmay, who is to the north of Qureshi. Vidushi is to the north of Suresh.
II)Rakesh is to the south of Vidushi and to the west of Qureshi.
Direction (6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions:
Andy, Roger, Nadal, Murray, Federer, Rafael, Novak and Djokovic live on eight different floors of a building but not necessarily in the same order. The lowermost floor of the building is numbered one, the one above that is numbered two and so on till the topmost floor is numbered eight. Each of them also likes a different superhero, namely Batman, Superman, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Nova and Ironman, but not necessarily in the same order.
• The one who likes Thor lives on an even-numbered floor. Only three people live between the one who likes Thor and Nadal.
• Only two people live between Nadal and Murray. Murray does not live on the lowermost floor. Only three people live between Murray and one who likes Hulk.
• Federer lives immediately above Andy. Federer lives on an even-numbered floor. Andy does not like Hulk. Andy lives neither on the floor numbered three nor five.
• Only two people live between Andy and the one who likes Nova.
• Only one person lives between the one who likes Nova and Ironman. The one who likes Ironman lives below the one who likes Nova.
• Roger lives immediately above Novak. Only one person lives between Novak and the one who likes Captain America.
• The one who likes Wolverine lives immediately above the one who likes Batman.
• Rafael does not like Thor. Andy does not like superman.
6)Which of the following pairs represent those who live immediately above and immediately below Murray?
a) Djokovic, Roger
b) Other than those given as options
c) Roger, Nadal
d) Andy, Novak
e) Djokovic, Novak
7)Four of the following five are alike in a certain way as per the given arrangement and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
a) Andy – Floor numbered five
b) Novak – Floor numbered six
c) Roger – Floor numbered two
d) Murray – Floor numbered seven
e) Djokovic – Floor numbered eight
8)Which of the following superheroes does Djokovic like?
a) Other than those given as options
9)Which of the following superheroes does Rafael like?
a) Iron man
d) Captain America
e) Other than those given as options
10)Murray lives on which of the following floor numbers?
e) Other than those given as options