International Airports in India – Airports in India are managed by Airports Authority of India (AAI). It works under the Ministry of Civil Aviation and it is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India. It provides Air traffic management (ATM) services over Indian airspace and adjoining oceanic areas.
Training Establishments of Airports Authority of India
Airports Authority of India has four training establishments.
- The Civil Aviation Training College (CATC) at Allahabad
- National Institute of Aviation Management and Research (NIAMAR) at Delhi
- Fire Training Centers (FTC) at Delhi & Kolkata.
AAI has undertaken GAGAN project in technological collaboration with Indian Space and Research Organization (ISRO), where the satellite-based system will be used for navigation.
List of International Airports in India
|Name of the Airport||City||State|
|Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport||Kolkata||West Bengal|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh|
|Tiruchirapalli International Airport||Tiruchirappalli||Tamil Nadu|
|Civil Aerodrome||Coimbatore||Tamil Nadu|
|Chennai International Airport||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|Jaipur International Airport||Jaipur||Rajasthan|
|Zaruki International Airport||Shillong||Meghalaya|
|Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport||Nagpur||Maharashtra|
|Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport||Mumbai||Maharashtra|
|Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport||Indore||Madhya Pradesh|
|Raja Bhoj Airport||Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh|
|Trivandrum International Airport||Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala|
|Calicut International Airport||Kozhikode||Kerala|
|Cochin International Airport||Kochi||Kerala|
|Kempegowda International Airport||Bengaluru||Karnataka|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport||Ahmedabad||Gujarat|
|Veer Savarkar International Airport||Port Blair||Andaman and the Nicobar Islands|
|Indira Gandhi International Airport||New Delhi||Delhi|
|Biju Patnaik International Airport||Bhubaneshwar||Odisha|
|Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport||Guwahati||Assam|
|Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport||Amritsar||Punjab|
|Rajiv Gandhi International Airport||Hyderabad||Telangana|
Key people of Airports Authority of India
|DIRECTOR GENERAL OF CIVIL AVIATION||BS BHULLAR|
|JOINT SECRETARY||ARUN KUMAR|
Interesting Facts About Airports
- The world’s largest airport by passenger movement is Heathrow Airport in London, U.K.
- The world’s busiest airport by cargo movement is Chep Lak Kok International Airport in Hong Kong.
- The world’s largest airport by traffic movement, that is passenger and cargo movement combined, is the Hartsfield – Jackson Airport in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
- The world’s remotest airport is Mataveri International Airport located on Easter Island in the Pacific Ocean, situated 3,559 km from the west coast of Chile.
- The world’s highest airport is El Alto International Airport in Bolivia, which is situated at an elevation of 4,061 meters above sea level.
- The world’s lowest airport is Atyrau International Airport in Kazakhstan, which is situated at an elevation of 22 meters below sea level.
- La Paz, Bolivia is the World’s Highest Airport – 13,325 feet above sea level.