1. The loss in signal power as light travels down the fiber is called?
2. How much power (roughly) a light emitting diode can couple into an optical fiber?
a) 100 microwatts
b) 440 microwatts
c) 100 picowatts
d) 10 miliwatts
3. Which of the following signal is not standard RS-232-C signal?
4. Which of the following might be used by a company to satisfy its growing communications needs?
a) front end processor
e) all of the above
5. The x.25 standard specifies a?
a) technique for start-stop data
b) technique for dial access
c) DTE/DCE interface
d) data bit rate
6. In a synchronous modem, the receive equilizer is known as?
a) adaptive equilizer
b) impariment equilizer
c) statistical equilizer
d) compromise equilizer
7. Data communications monitors available on the software marked include?
8. What is the minimum number of wires needed to send data over a serial communication link layer?
9. Which of the following statement is correct?
a) terminal section of a synchronous modem contains the scrambler
b) receiver section of a synchronous modem contains the scrambler
c) transmission section of a synchronous modem contains the scrambler
d) control section of a synchronous modem contains the scrambler
10.Which of the following is an advantage to using fiber optics data transmission?
a) resistance to data theft
b) fast data transmission rate
c) low noise level
d) all of above