The IBPS Specialist Officer (SO) Exam 2016 for recruitment of specialist officer vacancies in public sector banks has been announced. So we D2G Team is here with IBPS SO Material.
1. Virtual system swapping?
a) Allocates all of memory to one program
b) Pages working set pages in and out as a group
c) Is never as efficient as normal paging
d) Is used only on systems that are thrashing
2. The term paging refers to?
a) Boosting up the priority of a process in multilevel of queues without feedback
b) Gradually increasing the priority of jobs that wait in the system for a long time to remedy infinite blocking
c) keeping track of the time a page has been in memory for the purpose of LRU replacement
d) letting job reside in memory for a certain amount of time, so that the number of pages required can be estimated accurately
3. With a segmentation, if there are 64 segments, and the maximum segment size is 512 words, the length of the logical address in bits is?
4. High paging rate?
a) May cause high I/O rate
b) Keeps the systems running well
c) Is a symptom of too much processor activity
d) Always creates a slow system
5. The total time to prepare a disk drive mechanism for a block of data to be read from it is?
a) Seek time
c) latency plus seek time
d) Transmission time
6. Following illustrates Associative Memory?
a) The address of the data is supplied by the user
b) Same as the tracks associated with disk memory
c) No need for address; information is used as address
d) Data is accessed serially
7. A disk scheduling algorithm in an operating system causes the disk arm to seek back and forth across the disk surface servicing all requests in its path, based on?
a) First Come First Served
b) Shortest Seek Time First
d) None of these
8. Access to moving head disks requires three periods of delay before information is brought into memory. The response that correctly lists the three time delays for the physical access of data in the order of the relative speed from the slowest to the fastest is?
a) Latency time, cache overhead time, seek time
b) Transmission time, latency time, seek time
c) Seek time, latency time, transmission time
d) Cache overhead time, latency time, seek time
9. An unpaged cache associates disk domains with the address of the read and continues for a specific length. The major disadvantage of unpaged cache is that?
a) It allows cache domain to contain redundant data
b) It does not allow writes to be cached
c) Its access time is greater than that of paged caching
d) Read ahead cache domain blocks are necessarily fixed in
10. UNIX recognizes following I/O devices?
a) Disk and Tape drives
c) Communication lines
d) All the above