Networking one among the most important SECTIONS in IBPS IT Officer. Here are the Questions based on Networking System.
1. How many bits in a byte?
2. The maximum decimal value that can be represented in a byte is:
3. What is a MAC address?
a. The IP address of the host
b. The embedded IP protocol
c. The hardware address assigned to the network card/interface
d. The embedded protocol port address
4. What does the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) do?
a. Resolves a known IP address with a MAC address
b. Resolves a known MAC address with an IP address
c. Resolves a known network interface name with a hardware address
d. Resolves a known MAC address with a vendor type
5. A server port of UDP or TCP 53 is typically associated with what service?
6. How does a host that has sent TCP data know that the data was received?
a. A TCP acknowledgement is sent from the receiver
b. An ICMP echo reply is sent from the receiver
c. An incremented TCP sequence number is sent from the receiver
d. A SYN/ACK is sent from the receiver
7. Which of the following best characterizes TCP versus UDP (in most cases)?
a. TCP is less reliable and quicker
b. TCP is slower, more reliable, and requires more overhead
c. TCP is faster, more reliable, and more streamlined
d. TCP is less reliable and connectionͲoriented
8. Which of the following best characterizes ICMP
a. It is used to communicate error conditions
b. It is used for connectionͲoriented communications
c. It is used for reliable communications
d. It is used for client/server communications
9. A TCP flag of RESET indicates:
a. An intention to open a new TCP connection
b. An intention to gracefully close and acknowledge the termination of both sides of the connection
c. An intention to abort a TCP connection
d. An intention to close the connection after all inͲtransit data is received
10. TCP typically begins a session with:
a. The threeͲway handshake of client to server with SYN set, the server response of SYN/ACK, and the client acknowledgement of ACK
b. The threeͲway handshake of server to client with SYN set, the client response of SYN/ACK, and the server acknowledgement of ACK
c. TCP is not connection oriented so no handshake is required
d. A handshake consisting of the client request to the server with SYN set and a server response of a SYN