1. Scoffed(at): A 20% growth in exports is not something to be scoffed at.
2. Flamboyance: Mr. Sarkar is known for his flamboyance but little else.
3. Reiterate: The minister in his speech has reiterated the established policy stance.
4. Corroborative: It is not always possible to obtain corroborative evidence in insurgency cases.
5. Jaundiced: The disillusioned prisoners of war developed a jaundiced view of the UN’s peace intiatives.
6. Desecrated: The suburb was tense after an idol had seen desecrated by hooligans.
7. Winding: Driving down the winding ghat roads requires great caution and skill.
8. Straitened: The sudden death of the patriarch left the family in straitened circumstances.
9. Indian classical music has its roots in the belief that the stature of music should be such that IT LIBERATES THEM FROM THE BIRTH-DEATH-INCARNATION CYCLE.
a) it liberates them from the birth–death–incarnation cycle.
b) it liberates one from the birth–death–incarnation cycle.
c) one is liberated from the birth–death–incarnation cycle.
d) it liberalises one from the birth–death–incarnation cycle.
10. The most terrifying fact about the universe is THAT IT IS HOSTILE BUT THAT IT IS NOT DIFFERENT.
a) that it is hostile but that it is not indifferent.
b) that it is not hostile but it is indifferent.
c) that it is hostile but not indifferent.
d) not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent.
11. The courts had come in the way of THE NATION’S REALIZING THE CHERISHED GOALS OF EGALITARIANISM, and this had prompted Pandit ji to say that he did not want the courts to be the third chamber.
a) the realization of the nation’s cherished goals of egalitarianism
b) the nation’s realizing the cherished goals of egalitarianism
c) the nation realizing the cherished goals of egalitarianism
d) to realize the nation’s cherished goals of egalitarianism
12. Sachin’s cover drives are more noticeable and elegant THAN BRADMAN, THOUGH THE EFFECT OF BOTH WAS THE SAME.
a) that Bradman, though the effect of both was the same.
b) than Bradman, though both were affective.
c) than Bradman’s, though the effect of both was the same.
d) than the Bradman’s, though the affect of both was the same.