HDFC Bank Ltd is a major Indian financial services company based in Mumbai. The Bank is a publicly held banking company engaged in providing a wide range of banking and financial services including commercial banking and treasury operations.
Quick Facts about HDFC Bank
Head Quarters: Mumbai
MD and CEO: Aditya Puri
The Bank at present has an enviable network of 2201 branches and 7110 ATMs spread in 996 cities across India.
Branches in others countries:
They have one overseas wholesale banking branch in Bahrain, a branch in Hong Kong and two representative offices in UAE and Kenya.
Position in India
The second largest private sector lender of country
History of HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank Ltd Was incorporated on August 30, 1994 by Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd.
In the year 1994, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd was amongst the first to receive an in principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India to set up a bank in the private sector, as part of the RBIs liberalization of the Indian Banking Industry.
The Bank commenced operations as a Scheduled Commercial Bank in January 1995.
The Bank has three primary business segments, namely banking, wholesale banking and treasury.
In the year 1998, they launched their first retail lending product, Loans against Shares. In the year 1999, the Bank launched online, real-time Net Banking.
The Bank was the first Bank to launch an International Debit Card in association with VISA (Visa Electron).
In the year 2001, they started their Credit Card business.
- HDFC Bank SmartHub App
- HDFC Bank SmartHub App
- HDFC Bank Vahan Gyan
The Bank has two subsidiary companies, namely HDFC Securities Ltd and HDB Financial Services Ltd.
Tag lines: We Understand Our World
Latest news about HDFC bank
- On December 17, 2017, HDFC’s InstaCard crosses 3 lakh cards milestone
- On October 12, 2017, HDFC launches SmartUp Zones for start-ups
- On September 8, 2017, HDFC partners with Lucknow Metro to provide complete digital banking solution
- On August 22, 2017 HDFC launches all-in-one DigiPOS machine
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has added HDFC in the list of Domestic Systematically important bank (D─SIB).
- SIBs are perceived as certain big banks in country.
Awards and Recognition of HDFC Bank
- Best Bank for the year 2017 – Business India 19th Best Bank survey
- HDFC’s MD Aditya Puri on Fortune Businessperson of the year list
- Best Bank ─ IDRBT Banking Technology Excellence Awards 2016-17
Main Article : Private Sector Banks in India