The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the signing of a MoU between India and Australia on cooperation in the fields of education, training and research. The MoU will help intensify existing partnerships between India and Australia in higher education & research, including technical and professional education, schools, vocational education and training and will open up new and innovative areas of cooperation.
Objectives of MoU:
- Expansion of the Australia India Education Council membership from time to time.
- Strengthening the policy dialogue and exchange in areas of mutual benefit.
- Supporting mobility of students and faculty members through formal exchange programs.
- Improving credit transfer arrangements and work towards qualifications recognition between Australia and India.
- Supporting and organizing professional development programmes for subject experts.
- Encouraging twinning arrangements between institutions
- Encouraging research collaboration between institutions
- Sharing best practice education materials including research materials, publications, and educational literature
- Supporting skills development through joint conferences and seminars
- Strengthening communication for exchange of information on new policy initiatives
- Further develop bilateral programmes between institutions of educational excellence in technical, vocational, schools and higher education, subject to availability of funds.
Test Your Knowledge
Who is the current Prime Minister of Australia?