GK Quiz on Corona Virus
1. Thailand announced that it has proceeded to test it’s novel coronavirus vaccine on which animal/bird?
2. In a study, which cells are found in COVID-19 patients ‘bode well’ for long term immunity?
d) Endothelial Cells
3. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are which type of drugs?
4. What is Coronavirus?
a) It is a large family of viruses
b) It belongs to the family of Nidovirus
c) It is originated from fishes
d) It is originated from insects
5. What is the name of a therapy in which blood is infused from the recovered patients of COVID-19 to other critical COVID-19 patients?
a) Convalescent Plasma
b) Plasma Therapy
c) Both A and B
d) Neither A nor B
6. For which outbreaks, Convalescent Plasma Therapy is also used?
a) Ebola Virus
d) All the above
7. What is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus?
a) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2)
b) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-12 (SARS-CoV-22)
c) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-22 (SARS-CoV-22)
d) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-19 (SARS-CoV-19)
8. What is the incubation period for COVID-19 (i.e. the time between exposure to the virus and onset of symptoms)?
a) 2 to 5 days
b) 2 to 14 days
c) 2 to 4 days
d) 2 to 20 days
9. Which of the following statements are TRUE?
a) Older adults and people of any age with underlying health conditions, such as diabetes, lung disease, or heart disease, are at greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
b) Disease in children appears to be relatively rare and mild
c) At present, there is no evidence of transmission of COVID-19 from mother to baby occurring during pregnancy.
d) All are TRUE
10. Which of the following diseases are related to coronavirus?
c) Both a and b
d) Neither a nor b