GK Quiz on Ancient History
1. The word _________ in Sindi language means ‘the mount of the dead’.
2. Name the site which is situated in Punjab on the banks of River Sutlej?
3. The ancient name given to Indus region was
4. Vedas and Vedangas are collectively known as ______ and _______ respectively.
a) Sruti and Smriti
b) Smriti and Sruti
c) Kalpa and Jyotisha
d) Siksha and Mandala
5. Vedangas are six in number. The Chhanda Vendanga is associated with
6. Name the Veda which deals with Music?
7. The famous Quote ‘‘War begins in the minds of men’’ is from
8. The words ‘Sathyameva Jayate’ have been taken from
a) Mundaka Upanishad
b) Brahdaranya Upanishad
c) Bhagvata Purana
d) Skanda Purana
9. Which of the following is matched correctly.
a) Prithvi – Earth Godess
b) Indra – Greatest God of Aryans
c) Varuna – God of Water
d) All are correct
10. Who was the first person to speak of ‘Ary-ans’ as a race?
a) Thomas Lenkin
b) Henry Levinsky
c) Max Mullar
d) Vijay Shankar
11. ‘Ahimsa Paramo Dharma’ is the sacred hymn of
12. First Jain council was held at ________ in the fourth century BC under the leadership of _________
a) Lothal and Varahi Veera
b) Pataliputra and Neminatha
c) Vallahipur and Trissala
d) Pataliputra and Stulabahu
13. Second Jain council was held at ________ in the third century BC under the leadership of _________
a) Rishikesh and Parswanatha
b) Vallahipur and Aryaskandil Nagarjuna Suri
c) Pataliputra and Rishaba
d) Vallahipur and Mahavira Krishna Jyoti Suri
14. Third Jain council was held at ________ in the fourth century BC under the leadership of _________
a) Vallahipur and Devardhi Kshamasramana
b) Pataliputra and Rishaba Deva
c) Jimbhrikagrama and Parswanantha
d) None of these
15. Swetambaras and Digambaras are the major sects in