1. Which of the following is not a commercial product of freshwater wetlands?
D) Peat moss
2. The greatest division in aquatic ecology is-
3. Humans harm the oceans in all of the following ways EXCEPT
A) Developing along the coast
C) With chemicals from agriculture and industry
D) Polluting the land
4. National Marine Sanctuaries include-
A) Kelp Forests off The Coast OfCalifornia
B) Deep Submarine Canyons
C) Coral Reefs in The Florida Keys
D)All of the above
5. Which of the following is not found at the boundary between terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems?
B) Oceanic Province
C) Mangrove Forest
D) Salt marsh
6. Coral reefs:
A) May Occur As Barrier, Fringing, Or Atoll Formations.
B) Protect Coastlines From Erosion.
C) Are Found In Shallow, Nutrient Poor, Tropical Waters..
D) All of the above
7.A coastal body of water partly surrounded by land with input from both sea and fresh water is called:
A) The Limnetic Zone
B) An Estuary
C) A Freshwater Wetland
D) The Oceanic Province
8. In temperate lakes, falling temperatures in autumn may cause a mixing of the water layers called:
B) Fall Turnover
D) Thermal Stratification
9. Aquatic organisms that are weak swimmers are known as:
C) Pelagic Inhabitants
10. Which of the following is not important in determining the distribution of organisms in aquatic biomes?
A) Light Penetration
C) Waves and Currents
D) Mineral nutrient concentrations