Foundation Day of Indian States
This is a list with Foundation Day of Indian States. Foundation Day is a designated date on which celebrations mark the founding of the state. All the states have the history of their formation. This is one of the important topics in competitive exams which comes under GK category.
List of all Indian States & Foundation Days
|1||Nagaland Day||January 1|
|2||Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura Day||January 21|
|3||Jammu-Kashmir Day||February 6|
|4||Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh Day||February 20|
|5||Andaman and Nicobar Islands Day||March 11|
|6||Bihar Day( Bihar Diwas)||March 22|
|7||Rajasthan Day||March 30|
|8||Utkal(Orissa) Day||April 1|
|9||Tamil Nadu Day||April 14|
|10||Himachal Pradesh||April 15|
|11||Gujarat and Maharashtra Day||May 1|
|12||Sikkim Day||May 16|
|13||Telangana Day||June 2|
|14||Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh Day||November 1|
|15||Uttaranchal Day||November 9|
|16||Jharkhand Day||November 15|
|17||Goa Day||December 19|
Facts about Foundation day of Indian States
1. Gujarat, a western state in India often referred to as the ‘Jewel of Western India’ marks its foundation on May 1.
2. The Himachal Pradesh state is home to a number of hill stations that tourists flock to all year around. Some of the popular ones include Shimla, Manali, Kasol, Chail and Dharamsala.
3. Tamil Nadu is the second largest contributor to India’s GDP.
4. Rajasthan State – enlarged by adding Ajmer state and parts of Madhya Pradesh and Bombay state.
5. Punjab State – enlarged by the addition of Patiala and East Punjab States Union.
6. Madhya Pradesh- was formed by merging Madhya Bharat province, Vindhya Pradesh and Bhopal State.