Facts about Uttar Pradesh – The state of Uttar Pradesh lies in the northern part of India. Its official and widely spoken languages are Hindi and Urdu. It was created on 1st April 1937 as United Province and later renamed to 1 as Uttar Pradesh. Lucknow is the capital city and Allahabad is the Judiciary Capital of the state. There are 75 districts in Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur being the largest city in the state.
The State’s official motto is ‘Protection of Good, Destruction of Bad.’ Agriculture and service Industries are the largest parts of the state’s economy. Wheat, rice, pulses, oilseeds and potatoes are the major agricultural products. Sugarcane is the most important cash crop throughout the state.
GOVERNMENT OF UTTAR PRADESH
|Chief Minister||Yogi Adityanath
|High Court||Allahabad High Court|
|Chief Justice||Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud|
- Ishanpur Sanctuary
- National Chambal Sanctuary
- Bakhihastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kra Wildlife Sanctuary
- Katerniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kaimoor Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chandra Prabha Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mahavir Swami Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ranipur Wildlife Sanctuary
- Vijai Sagar Sanctuary
- Pavarti Agra Bird Sanctuary
- Surha taal Bird Sanctuary
- Sur Sarovar Bird Sanctuary
- Bhimrao Ambedkar Bird Sanctuary
NATIONAL PARKS OF UTTAR PRADESH
- Dudhwa National Park
TIGER RESERVES OF UTTAR PRADESH
- Amangarh Tiger Reserve
- Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
- Pilibhit Tiger Reserve
RIVERS OF UTTAR PRADESH
Ganges, Yamuna, Gomti, Chambal, Ramganga, Sarayu, Son River, Tamsa River, Ken River, Betwa River, Karmanasa River, Sharda, and Karnali.
FAMOUS PLACES IN UTTAR PRADESH
Agra Art Gallery
Rumi Darwaza Chattar Manzil
Begum Hazrat Mahal Park
Kasha Vishwanath Temple
Krishna Janam Bhoomi Mandir
Raha Bharatpuras Palace
FAMOUS PERSONALITIES OF UTTAR PRADESH
- Mangal Pandey.
- Chandra Shekhar Azad.
- Jawaharlal Nehru, First Prime Minister and Bharat Ratna Awardee.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri, Third Prime Minister and Bharat Ratna Awardee.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Eleventh Prime Minister and Bharat Ratna Awardee.
- Ravi Shankar, Sitar Maestro.
- Amitabh Bachchan.
- Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India.
- Yogiraj Bharat Bhushan, Only Padmashree Awardee Yogi.
NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS IN UTTAR PRADESH
- Narora Atomic Power Station
Click this button to Download the E-Book