Former Janata Dal MLA Gurcharan Chabbra, who was on a fast unto death demanding liquor ban and strengthening of Lokayukta in Rajasthan, has died. He was in a coma for the past couple of days and put on ventilator support. In a statement here, former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlotsaid the anti-liquor crusader died due to the “insensitive” attitude of the Rajasthan government. Rajasthan Medical and Health Minister, Rajendra Rathore visited the hospital and paid his condolences.
Did You Know???
- Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works.
- A drink of alcohol stays in the body for about 2 hours after being consumed. This period of time can vary depending on the person’s weight, gender, and other factors.
- The small intestine and the stomach absorb most of the alcohol after drinking. A small amount leaves the body through breath and urine.
- Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion.
- Drinking too much can weaken the immune system, making the body a much easier target for disease.
Watch this Video