Current Affairs Quiz – September 28 & 29 2018
1. Abbott is to introduce high-sensitive troponin-I blood test in __________.
2. Indian Government has set up Ayush Information Cell in __________.
Answer c) Romania. To encourage practice of ayurveda, India has set up an ‘Ayush Information Cell’ at its embassy premises in Romania to create awareness about the traditional Indian system of medicine.
3. World Tourism Day 2018 is celebrated on___________.
a) September 27
b) September 28
c) September 29
d) September 30
Answer a) September 27. Started in 1980 by The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), World Tourism Day (WTD) is celebrated worldwide annually on September 27. The theme of this year – ‘Tourism and the Digital Transformation’
4. Indo-Bangla border conference held in ____________.
Answer a) Mizoram. A joint border conference was held between India and Bangladesh at Aizawl and delegates from both sides deliberated on the border issues between the two countries
5. According to Centre for Civil Society (CCS) , India ranks __________ on Economic Freedom Index.
Answer b) 96th. As per the 2018 report on Economic Freedom in the World, released by the Centre for Civil Society (CCS) in conjunction with Canada’s Fraser Institute, India stands at 96th rank out of 162 countries in economic freedom. Last year, India’s rank was 98.
6. Who has been appointed as new Vice Chief of Indian Air Force?
a) Lokesh Kumar
b) Jashwanth Rai
c) Soundararajan K
d) Anil Khosla
Answer d) Anil Khosla. Eastern Air Command chief Anil Khosla will take over as the new vice chief of the Indian Air Force (IAF) with Air Marshal SB Deo set to retire.
7. Who has been appointed as the new chief of BSF?
a) Jadav mishra
b) Umesh Bindra
c) Rajni Kant Mishra
d) Gunal Mohith l
Answer c) Rajni Kant Mishra. The government appointed Rajni Kant Mishra as the Director-General of Border Security Force (BSF) in the place of K.K. Sharma.
8. Who is the only sportsperson in Forbes India’s Maiden List of 22 ‘Tycoons of Tomorrow’?
a) Saina Nehwal
b) PV Sindhu
c) Virat Kohli
d) Hima Das
Answer b) PV Sindhu. Badminton player and Olympian PV Sindhu is the only sportsperson featuring in the Forbes India’s maiden ‘tycoons of tomorrow’ list of 22 young achievers in the fields of business, acting and sports.